Confederation Line West is one of the three major extensions to Ottawa’s rail transit system planned between 2018 and 2023. This extension will see LRT continue from Tunney’s Pasture to Bayshore and Baseline Stations.
- New Orchard
- Lincoln Fields
- 13 kilometres of new rail and 10 new stations
- Provides direct connections to light rail transit for the communities of Hintonburg, Island Park, Westboro, Laurentian, Woodroffe/Lincoln Heights, White Haven-Queensview Terrace North, Bayshore, Iris, Centrepointe, and Lincoln Heights.
- Preserves greenspace while increasing access to Ottawa River pathways, Westboro beach, Pinecrest Creek Corridor and the National Capital Commission’s future Linear Waterfront Park.
- Connects important employment, shopping and education nodes, including Alongquin College, Bayshore Shopping Centre, Pinecrest and Westboro.
- Extension includes the future expansion of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in the west to provide fast connections from Terry Fox Drive and March Road to the new LRT hub at Bayshore.
CONFEDERATION LINE WEST: BY THE NUMBERS:
of new rail
Approximate number of buses/day removed from Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway