Trillium Line South is one of the three major extensions to Ottawa’s rail transit system planned between 2018 and 2023. This extension will see the Trillium Line continue from Greenboro to Bowesville in Riverside South. In total, 8 kilometres of single track will be added, with passing lanes at South Keys and Leitrim, and grade separations at Lester and Leitrim. A three-kilometre link to Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is also being considered.
- South Keys
- Eight kilometres of new rail and five new stations
- Provides new rail transit connections for communities in Riverside South while bringing rail within reach of Manotick, Findlay Creek, Greely and Osgoode.
- Connects to bus service in Barrhaven via the newly opened Vimy Memorial Bridge.
- Serves growing demand along existing route with new stations at Walkley and Gladstone.
- Enhances the pathway network by providing a parallel multi-use pathway along the length of the extension, integrating into the new stations and connecting to adjacent communities and destinations.
TRILLIUM LINE SOUTH: BY THE NUMBERS
of new rail
new park-and-ride spaces